Tuesday, May 12, 2009

End of the term

I haven't written in quite a while because I've been so busy and I honestly haven't wanted to share some of the thoughts I've been having. It's not that they're negative or super secret or private. I guess I've just been a bit lazy.

The last few weeks of the term were very gratifying in terms of watching students' films come to life. There are some very talented and deep students at UCF and I'm proud to be allowed to teach them what I know and what I can find out. The turnout at the student film screenings was terrific and I'm feeling very satisfied here at the end of the term. Tim and I have edited about 1/3 of the Young Composers Challenge documentary. It has come together fairly easily but one challenge is the sheer volume of material. You really second-guess yourself on structure, what to use now, what to save for later, and wondering if it will all make sense in the end.

As soon as I got my grades turned in, meetings finished and graduation attended I flew away to Sweden. More on that in my next post.

No comments: