Monday, May 18, 2009

Week 2

Things are going very well. I've figured out Adobe Premiere much easier than I'd expected, but I'm still glad I have my laptop and final cut pro. My documentary shoot is now finalized for Friday. I'll be renting a car and driving for the first time in Europe. I'm a little nervous, but I figure if I take it slow I'll be ok. There's not much traffic in Sweden because there's not a very big population.

This week my teacher host went on maternity leave so I'm all by myself with the students. I think they're a bit afraid of their serious American teacher. I'm trying to smile more. I adore the students from Bangladesh. They are so very respectful. It's very sweet. The class spent today finishing the edit on their short documentaries. Tomorrow they present them in class. Next week we begin our TV studio production that will include the documentaries. It will be like a magazine show with mini docs inside it.

I'm very excited about my trip to the Glass Blowing studio in Southeast Sweden. Turns out I may not be shooting female artisans after all, which is a shame. But the guy they have lined up for me is apparently world famous and very nice. We'll see. After my shoot I intend to drive a bit further east to the coast for a day or so. I need to get out of the house here in Jonkoping because Josefina went into labor tonight. They will probably have a new baby here by Thursday. At the end of the weekend I'll be moving to someone else's apartment.

More later, now that my laptop is back up and running. I had a problem with the Swedish=American power adaptor but I bought a new one and it's working great.

No comments: