Thursday, March 12, 2009

Notmuchofabreak Days 3-4

Yesterday morning was a rush of preparing the Ellis films onto every format known to man. We never got word back from the folks at the Phillips Center on how they wanted us to deliver the films so we brought up DVDs, QT files, even DV tape. I wasn't looking forward to the drive, but seeing the films on that huge screen in the auditorium was definitely worth it. I was very pleased and I'm looking forward to March 20th when they'll play behind the ballet. We've decided to tape the whole event with two HD camcorders (Chris Walker, I'll send you a copy... the films contain some of the footage you shot for me).

Today I felt moody, and resentful of all the people enjoying themselves at the beach during spring break. It took a lot of motivation, but I sat at the computer all day going down a list of things I wanted to accomplish... from burning DVDs to sending them off to festivals... to following up on all the things I've been putting off communicating about. I must have written three dozen emails at least. I rewarded myself by riding my bike to my wonderful hot yoga studio in Longwood. When I'm in Gainesville next week I'm going to try to go to a hot yoga place up there that I've heard good things about.

I'm worried about the films, about finances, about putting on weight, about worrying. I feel self-centered and edgy. I want to spend days alternating between cleaning my house and walking in the woods. I dream about being on a boat in the middle of the ocean. I miss the people I like who live in other places.

Heading to Jax tomorrow for the 15K River Run, a 7-year-long tradition. I hope to get some beach time while I'm up there... staring at the water.

No comments: