Saturday, September 6, 2008

How long should it take to finish a feature doc?

I've been worrying a lot lately about when I'll finish any of these three films. A colleague reassured me this week by insisting that postproduction on any feature takes at least a year. That made me feel better, but only a little. Since school began I haven't sat down to do any editing but I have been busy doing little tasks that needed to get done, like having documents scanned, certain tapes dubbed, planning for the YCC concert and reconnecting with those teenagers. Coming out of a deadline-driven journalistic background I think I'll always feel rushed. I could go to the computer and actually finish the bicycle documentary in a couple of days with what I have, but it wouldn't be what I envision it to be. I just have to be more patient.

No comments: