Friday, September 12, 2008

A good week

I made an extra effort to get good rest and be organized this week. It paid off. I hope I can keep it up. I felt like my classes went well Mon-Tues. I was thrilled to host the Capstone Documentary students in my new lab/office Wednesday morning. I like all of their topics, and as I would expect, they are very ambitious at this stage. The MFA students are fantastic. We are very lucky to have such interested, engaged and energetic guys starting their journey toward features here.

Last week I was worrying about not having time to work on my films now that school has started. I'm happy to report that this week I did get a good amount of work done. I've worked on the YCC budget and called a couple of the families to confirm their presence at the concert. I've got the stage setup worked out with the orchestra folks. Yesterday morning and this morning I got a decent amount of editing done on Dear Mr. Gore and Wally's Movie. Next week I want to start cutting the open to YCC. I really need a better title for this film.

I have a few papers to grade before Monday but it's not bad. I should have time to do some fun things this weekend. I'm dying to get outside... I've got cabin fever.

For next week: looking forward to the Q&A Wednesday night after I screen Who's Next at the Global Peace Film Festival.

No comments: