Saturday, October 18, 2008

Festival Submissions

Yesterday was stressful, but productive. I was working fast to get two films ready to submit to the Florida Film Festival. The first was a 15 minute short: SAM RIVERS: JAZZ MASTER OF THE MOMENT. I'm just producing this one. Stephanie Rice directed and edited it. Ben Jaffe did a polish edit. I kept an eye on the DVD production and then got it over to FFF. I think they're interested and will seriously consider it. They can draw a lot of Sam Rivers fans to the festival if they screen it.

At the same time yesterday, I was polishing a 95% rough cut of DEAR MR. GORE. I submitted early to FFF with a hole for the Mayor Buddy Dyer ride. I also submitted an explanation of what else will change, such as beeping out expletives, audio and color polish, etc. I have no idea what the selection committee will think of this film. They may think it is self-indulgent hogwash. I went to bed last night sweating about it but at least I can say that I had something to say, shot a film about it, and actually completed the film. I guess that's worth something.

Now, it's onto the challenge of editing YOUNG COMPOSERS CHALLENGE, which is definitely a challenge to cut. Synching three different audio tracks is a nightmare, but thank God Tim is patient. More later.

No comments: