Sunday, December 14, 2008

post-term let-go

Fall term is over, grades are turned in, and I'm trying to pull my mind out of several instances of melodrama that arose last week. I'm unhappy about the capstone doc screening for a number of reasons, but I need to let go of that the way I let go of my audio cassettes today. It's time for a new TV and that means a new piece of furniture to put it on, and there's no room for an audio cassette deck that we never use anyway. So today we decided we would throw away about 3-dozen audio cassettes that we've collected over the past 20 years. It was a tough decision, looking at our handwriting on most of them, remembering for a few moments where we were when we listened to a particular album... smashing pumpkins, counting crows, home-made compilations, etc. They're out in the trash now and tonight when I go to bed I'm going to try to prevent the anxiety nightmares I've been having by envisioning my melodramas at the bottom of the pile in the trash can... that will be out on the curb in the morning.

No comments: